1889 Foundation Creative Health Impact Grant (CHIG) Program
The 1889 Foundation Creative Health Impact Grant (CHIG) Awards are focused on fostering connections between the arts and the health and wellness of residents in Cambria and Somerset Counties.
The 1889 Foundation was founded on the principles of supporting innovative programs and initiatives to improve and transform the overall health and wellness of our region. The 1889 Foundation Creative Health Impact Grant (CHIG) has been created and funded to lead foundation efforts in Cambria and Somerset Counties. The grant funds will be used to support local non‐profit organizations that have demonstrated proven results and have had an impact on improving the needs within the community, specifically related to health and wellness. 1889 believes in collaborative approaches with quality partners that have the same principles and beliefs to move the region forward. The 1889 Foundation has partnered with the Pennsylvania Rural Arts Alliance to administer this new grant opportunity.
The 1889 Foundation Creative Health Impact Grant offers opportunities for local non-profit organizations that have health and wellness initiatives to apply for up to $5,000 in funding to support arts projects, performance activities, exhibitions, and other activities that relate to health and wellness. Funded events must take place between July 1 and June 30. For projects taking place in the 2018-19 year the deadline for grant submission is April 20, 2018.
Grant applicants apply directly to PRAA for these grant funds. The application is a fillable pdf document that is completed online, printed, and mailed to the PRAA office. The full grant application and complete grant guidelines are available by clicking on the links below.
NEW FOR THE 2018-2019 YEAR:
Any organization interested in applying for grant funds must schedule a pre-application meeting (either by phone or in person) with PRAA’s Executive Director to discuss the scope of the program or project. Applications from organizations that did not schedule this meeting will not be accepted.
Have a question or need help? Contact us.
GENERAL GRANT GUIDELINES:
- Funding will be used to support local non-profit organizations which have health and wellness initiatives that have demonstrated results and have had an impact on improving the needs within the community
- Collaborative approaches with quality partners (individuals or other non-profit organizations) that have the same principles and beliefs are encouraged
- Funded activities could include but are not limited to: exhibitions, performances, festivals, and continuing programs that relate to health and wellness
- Any entity organized under section 501(c)3 or similar section of the tax code is eligible to apply
- Fully accredited post-secondary educational institutions may apply
- Projects supported by this grant must take place in Cambria and/or Somerset Counties
- Multiple applications from one organization will be accepted if each application is distinctly different from the other
- Both new programs and projects and well-established programs and projects are eligible
GRANT WORKSHOP FOR THE 2018-2019 GRANT YEAR
A grant workshop is planned to give grant applicants an opportunity to learn more about the grant process, review the grant application, and ask questions about the grant. The workshop will be held on Wednesday February 28 at 2 PM at Laurel View Village in Davidsville. The workshop will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
Please register for the grant workshop by calling the Pennsylvania Rural Arts Alliance office at 814-472-3927 or by emailing the Executive Director at email@example.com.
Have a question or need help? Contact us.
ADDITIONAL GRANT INFORMATION – WHEN YOUR GRANT IS FUNDED:
HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR GRANT AWARD:
In order to receive a grant check each organization is required to complete and mail a grant award agreement. When the completed grant award agreement is received at the PRAA office the check will be issued. The 2018-2019 Grant Award Agreement will be available here after the grant awards are announced.
At the completion of the grant project a final report is required. This report should be submitted no later than 1 month after the project completion date. The Final Report document for the 2017-2018 year is now available. Click here to download the report.